Sunday, October 17, 2010

New Venture Ends My Triathlon Season Early

Wow, so much has occurred since my last post. As you may have noticed, I have been really busy the last several weeks and have not had a chance to post. Recently I have started a new business venture with a colleague and that has consumed almost all of my "free" time. So much so that for the last two weeks leading up to the Hickory Knob sprint (and key build weeks for the Beach2Battleship Half Ironman) I have only gotten in 2 workouts. I got in a short 5 mile run and an 18 mile ride.

So I have had to alter my plans for the remainder of this year. I have decided to drop the Half Ironman from my calendar this year, and let Hickory Knob 2010 be the wrap up to my 2010 season. I actually feel better now that I have made that decision since I don't have to feel pulled in so many directions and feel like I am not putting in the effort required of each of my endeavors.

For the next week or so I will continue to take it easy on training, and then start to prepare for my first full marathon in January. Hopefully I continue to find a balance betwen family time, training, and the increased workload. Currently the plan is that in 3-6 months this new endeavor become a full time opportunity and I will no longer have to balance it with another full time job. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment